…welp…it’s been awhile since I posted but I’m feeling pretty combustible right now…so I may as well babble on here…. things have been busy….and work has been stressful…
though i do have a website now….
check it: dancingsquiddesigns.com/portfolio
I’ll post some art later tonight…
I’m not in a good headspace right now
Who ever reblogs this by the 5th of February will have me creep through their blog, and draw whatever anime character I feel represents you the most, based on your blog.
I’m just gunna post it on my blog and tag it with your username when I’m done. I’m doing all of them. Come on peOPLE.
Hey there Tumblr!
Long time no see…. well, I’ve been busy…. and all that jazz… but I should be back to actually posting fairly shortly… you know, once I get things sorted…
Just some writing. It’s pretty rubbish. Go ahead and skip over it.
It’s not rubbish, it’s pretty awesome….so go read it!
So I decided today that it would be a good time to develop a recipe for mini fruit pies… several hours later, here are the results.
Anyways, for anyone who’s interested, here is the recipe:
- 2/3 c. milk
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/4 c. sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 c. flour
- 1/4 c. white sugar
- 1/3 + 1/2 c. flour
- 4 tsp brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp lemon zest
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 a peach
- 3 tsp water
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 & 1/2 c. wild blueberries
- 1/2 tsp potato starch (cornstarch can be substituted)
- 1 1/2 tbsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp fresh ground pepper
- Cut the peach into small chunks and microwave in a covered dish with a splash of water for 1 minute until it’s all soft and squishy. Peel off the skin and mash up the rest of the peach with a bit of water. Carefully extract the liquid from the peach mash with a spoon and set it aside.
- Mix the dry ingredients for the dough in a bowl with a fork.
- beat the egg and then add it along with the other wet ingredients and 3 tsp of the peach juice to the dry ingredients.
- Knead it until the dough sticks together and doesn’t crumble. Depending on the humidity and temperature of the air you might need to add more flour or water to get it to the right elasticity.
- Wrap the dough it plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 20 minutes
- Onto the Custard! Preheat the oven to 350 F. Slowly bring the milk to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- Beat the egg yolks and sugar until they are a very pale yellow.
- Mix the vanilla and flour into the egg/sugar mixture and beat well.
- Pour half of the milk into the mixture while mixing constantly to prevent the eggs from scrambling.
- Pour back into the milk and whisk on medium heat constantly until it thickens.
- immediately remove from the heat and spoon it into a cool dish.
- At this point the dough should be chilled, so take it out the fridge and roll it out on a lightly floured surface until thin
- grease a cupcake tin with olive oil and press the dough into the indents.
- cut off the excess and prick the sides and bottom of the dough with a knife.
- line each one with parchment paper and fill with dried beans to weigh it down.
- Bake for 6-8 minutes until the edges have some colour
- take out the parchment paper and beans and then bake for another 3 minutes
- once they have cooled for a few minutes run and knife around the edges to make sure that they can be removed from the tin.
- Filling!!! Cook the blueberries in a covered saucepan on medium for a few minutes until the juices really start flow.
- Add the sugar and cook for a few minutes with no lid
- dissolve the potato starch in a tsp of water and mix into the berries.
- mix the pepper into the mixture
- Pies! Assemble! Spoon some of the custard into the pie shells and top it with the berries.
- Bake for another ten minutes
- Enjoy! ^___^
makes 4 pies
so, here’s the business… I’m going to clean up my house… then tomorrow…all tomorrow I’m going to work on sorting through pictures, and posting the things that I’ve been neglecting for the past several months…. No promises, but I really want to have everything updated and such.
Epic X-files/Sherlock trailer!
THAT’S IT TURN THE INTERNET OFF.
YOU CAN ALL GO HOME NOW AS THERE IS NOTHING MORE TO BE DONE HERE.
Oh my god. Cease everything. THIS IS PERFECT.
Beautiful…just…beautiful…things that i love…words…